JEFFERSON COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH CENTER, INC.
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Reports to: Board of Directors
Prepared By: Board of Directors
Prepared Date: May 24, 2021
Approved By: Board of Directors
Approved Date: May 26, 2021
Chief Operating Officer, Chief Medical Officer, Chief Finance Officer, Administrative Assistant, Human Resource Officer, Marketing Director.
Scope of Responsibility:
Position Summary: The CEO is appointed by, and reports to, the Board of Directors. The successful candidate is responsible for administering, implementing and directing all aspects of Jefferson Comprehensive Health Center, Inc., its programs and centers, in accordance with the policies established by the Board of Directors, funding agencies and applicable state, local and federal laws, regulations and guidelines. The CEO leads the Jefferson Comprehensive Health Center, Inc. management team, assuring that good management practices are followed throughout the organization and at all Jefferson Comprehensive Health Center, Inc. sites and programs through appropriate departmentalization and delegation of duties. He/she also coordinates and integrates administrative management with the program and clinical aspects of the center’s work.
The CEO presents information to the governing Board as a basis for sound decisions when rendering policy and program directives. The successful candidate also develops and maintains effective public relations with the community, other healthcare institutions and providers, civic organizations, and national, state and local groups/governmental entities, advocating for the needs of the underserved.
The CEO responds to opportunities to grow the organization and to secure its future in the Jefferson, Adams and Wilkinson County communities and surrounding areas.
Primary Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Implements, directs and evaluates the effectiveness of administrative management necessary to carry out Jefferson Comprehensive Health Center, Inc. programs as described in the corporate healthcare plan, grant proposals and strategic plan. As needed, develops and facilitates strategies to address issues and problems.
- Provides overall organizational leadership and supervision, promoting the organization’s values.
- Advises the Board on matters related to the organization’s operations and policies.
- Develops and formalizes Jefferson Comprehensive Health Center, Inc. plans and policy changes in accordance with the governance decision of the Board and requirements of funding agencies.
- Interprets corporate policy and makes administrative decisions, soliciting the input of each department and the Board; makes necessary changes and improvements in the existing administrative procedures and practices.
- Directs the development of standards and methods used to assess the activities of Jefferson Comprehensive Health Center, Inc. with respect to the feasibility, quality, productivity, costs and other aspects of Jefferson Comprehensive Health Center, Inc.
- Submits and directs the submission of timely and accurate reports and forms to Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Community Health Centers Association of Mississippi (CHCAM), board of directors, state, and others as required.
- Serves as a liaison and channel of communication between the Board, including its committees, management and clinical staff, and the total staff/community.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with other healthcare institutions and providers, national/state/local organizations and other community agencies, building collaborations to expand services to the underserved and uninsured. The CEO is also responsible for governmental relations, both administrative and elected.
- Manages and maintains knowledge of current requirements of federal, state and local policies and procedures, as well as those of accreditation.
- Provides leadership in shaping the annual operating plan, programs of Jefferson Comprehensive Health Center, Inc. and the organization’s long-term strategy. Assesses progress and suggests revisions in strategic direction.
- Directs marketing, promotion and public relations.
- Develops, prepares and oversees grant applications, fundraising and capital campaigns.
- Communicates with staff, patients, the press, the general public, civic groups and the Board to solve concerns, answer questions and/or problems and present program and information.
- Supervises, directs and completes performance evaluation for all the management team and those under the direct supervision of the CEO.
- Signs all contracts for Jefferson Comprehensive Health Center, Inc. after board approval.
- Implements an effective system of clinical management and control to ensure that quality healthcare service is being rendered in a cost-effective manner, ensuring that funds, personnel, equipment and supplies are utilized effectively and efficiently in carrying out Jefferson Comprehensive Health Center, Inc. policies and plans.
- With Chief Medical Officer, formulates and justifies the annual healthcare plan in accordance with limitations prescribed by the Board and funding agencies.
- Directs activities of Chief Medical Officer, and with Chief Medical Officer, develops policies relating to healthcare.
- Assures proper orientation and training of Chief Medical Officer, assuring the timely preparation and submission of regulatory reports including, Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH), Uniform Data System (UDS), and others as necessary.
- Coordinates and prepares annual grant proposal to Bureau of Primary Healthcare (BPHC) and other funding agencies.
- Assures preparation of analysis and interpretation of healthcare data to the Board.
- With staff, implements an effective system of management and control to ensure that quality healthcare service is being rendered in a cost-effective manner, ensuring that funds, personnel, equipment and supplies are utilized effectively and efficiently in carrying out policies and plans.
- With staff, formulates and justifies the annual and long-term budget in accordance with limitations prescribed by the Board and funding agencies.
- Assures proper orientation and training of staff, assuring the timely preparation and submission of regulatory reports including, Uniform Data System (UDS), Patient Centered Medical Home(PCMH) cost reports, Financial Status Report (FSR), audit, Payment Management System (PMS), Prospectus Payment System (PPS), safety net reimbursement, annual report and others as necessary.
- Reviews and approves all cash disbursements and purchase orders.
- Oversees the management of personnel and systems, including policy development, job descriptions, recruitment, hiring, orientation, supervision, evaluation, discharge, benefits, payroll, and staff development.
- Approves all terminations and consults with attorney as needed.
- Attends in-service and continuing education to maintain elevated level of competency in operation of community health centers.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Program for Jefferson Comprehensive Health Center, Inc.
Education & Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited university with, at minimum, a master’s degree in a healthcare profession, business, human services or related field.
- Two to Five years’ experience providing specific knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully manage a program including operational, financial and human resource management. Management experience near the size and complexity of Jefferson Comprehensive Health Center, Inc. and familiarity with community health centers preferred.
- Non-profit experience working effectively with a volunteer Board preferred.
- Knowledge of complex public health and complex healthcare administration concepts, principles and practices.
Jefferson Comprehensive Health Center, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.