Scope of Services:
WIC (Women Infant and Children) is a supplemental food program. Foods in the WIC package provide nutrients based on your nutritional or medical needs. The package is only a supplement and does not provide all foods for you or your child.
- Monthly package of nutritious foods to supplement your diet
- Nutrition counseling
- Referrals for other health care services
- Port Gibson
Please call to make an appointment with one of our health centers.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet all of the following eligibility requirements.
1. Target Population:
- Pregnant women – during pregnancy and up to 6 weeks after the birth or the end of pregnancy
- Postpartum women – up to the infant’s 5th week of life, or if breastfeeding, up to the infant’s first 11th month of life
- Infants – up to the infant’s 11th month of life
- Children – up to the child’s 5th birthday
- Applicants must live in Mississippi.
- Applicants must have income at or below 185% of Federal Poverty Level
4. Nutrition risk:
- Applicants must be individually determined to be at “nutrition risk” by a health professional